An employment lawyer such as Jwan Desai, deals with employment issues regarding labor matters such as replacement income, disability compensation, and wrongful termination resulting from injuries or illness.
Your working hours, sick days, vacation, severance provisions, and disability benefits are all part of your basic employment rights. Such matters are known as Employment Standards, established by Canadian law to guarantee your rights in the workplace and are subject to legal force.
As an employment lawyer, Jwan Desai also represents individuals requiring representation regarding safety violations in the workplace. If you have sustained an injury or illness resulting from an unsafe work environment or employer negligence, LTD Law Firm will investigate your claim to ensure your rights are protected.
In many cases, employees may not be taken seriously unless they have legal representation. Below we have provided some common situations in which you are strongly recommended to seek legal advice from an employment lawyer immediately:
- You cannot or do not wish to negotiate with your employer regarding your severance pay.
- You do not clearly understand your rights or are unsure of the proper action to take following your termination.
- You are aware of many employees who want to file the same type of claim against your employer.
- You have strong evidence that your termination was unlawful.
- You are considering quitting your job due to unlawful employer conduct.
- You are nearing the deadline for filing suit and are still unsure about how to file your claim.
- You have sustained an injury or illness as a result of workplace safety violations.
- You believe your disability benefits have been wrongfully denied or prematurely terminated.
Having an experienced and successful employment lawyer will help you navigate through confusing deadlines, legal requirements and prerequisites to filing suit that you may miss if you do not have the proper representation.
If you wait to obtain sound legal counsel you may fail to properly document events as they occur and you many not know what steps to take to prevent your situation from worsening. If you feel your rights have been violated, contact LTD Law Firm to speak with an employment lawyer today.